< ABM univers 59 > Index du Forum
< ABM univers 59 >

FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S’enregistrerS’enregistrer
ProfilProfil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  ConnexionConnexion
nson. Today, every Major League play
Sujet précédent Sujet suivant
Auteur Message
miaowang123

Posté le: Mer 17 Oct - 06:00:18 (2018)
Sujet du message: nson. Today, every Major League play
Répondre en citant

BRISBANE, Australia -- After pulling out of the Brisbane International with injuries in recent seasons, Maria Sharapova is aiming to use the season-opening tournament this time as a springboard for her comeback and to see how her new support crew works in competition. Sharapova has only played one match since an early exit at Wimbledon due to a right shoulder injury and has spent months working with her new coach Sven Groeneveld. She arrived in Australia to prepare for the first major of the season with her boyfriend and fellow professional Grigor Dimitrov, who returns after losing the final here to Andy Murray last season. Serena Williams won the last Brisbane title and is back to defend it, hoping she hasnt lost any of the momentum from a stunning 2013 season when she won 11 titles including the French and U.S. Opens, had 78 wins from 82 matches -- including a 34-match winning streak -- and collected more than $12 million in prize money. Her brief off-season was not exactly business as usual -- although it was commercial. She trained in Florida with her father, Richard, so she could be close to home for the relaunch of one of her companies and to hire a CEO for it. "I was interviewing so many people. Corporate Serena was taking over," she told a news conference Sunday. "Im happy to be here right now." Corporate Serena conducted at least 10 interviews, and still has at least one more to do. She expects it to be a tough interview, like they all are. "I definitely am not easy ... Im a tough interviewer. For me, its all about business and removing a lot of emotion," she said. "I just want to get to the point." And that brings her back to tennis, where she can turn the corporate email account off for a while and concentrate on what she does best. "I took a couple weeks off, but I was already itching to get back on the court," she said. "I didnt want to lose any rhythm or anything. Didnt want to lose momentum." No. 3-seeded Sharapova is in Williams half of the draw, meaning they could meet in the semifinals. The Brisbane tournament will be Sharapovas only warmup for the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 13, so she needs to find her rhythm quickly. She said shed been practicing hard, but also concentrating on relaxing when shes off the court. Traveling with Dimitrov has helped, she said, despite or because of their major common interest. "Of course we share a lot of the same things just because we have an elephant in the room thats called tennis," Sharapova said Sunday. "But there are so many other things to life that are besides tennis, and there are a lot more things to discuss than forehands and backhands and strings and rackets, which we share similar ideas and things of." Sharapova split with coach Thomas Hogstedt after her Wimbledon loss, and said she wasnt in the right frame of mind to work with Jimmy Connors long term -- that partnership lasted one match. "You have to realize that the decisions you make, you have to make them selfishly in this business to be better, to know whats right for you," she said. "From the first time we met I really liked what (Groeneveld) had to say. Hes a team player. He works with everyone on my team, something I was missing for a little bit of time." In first-round results at Brisbane: Wimbledon finalist Sabine Lisicki had a 6-3, 6-4 win over Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia; Andrea Petkovic of Germany beat American Bethanie Mattek-Sands 6-4, 7-5; Japanese veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm won 6-3, 7-5 over Australias Olivia Rogowska; and Swiss player Stefanie Vogele beat American Madison Keys 6-4, 6-3. Former No. 1-ranked Caroline Wozniacki withdrew after hurting her right shoulder in practice but said she expected to be fit the Sydney International next week. While Serena Williams gets a first-round bye in Brisbane, her older sister Venus Williams will be in action from the first round at the WTA event in Auckland on Monday when she plays 134-ranked Andrea Hlavackova of the Czech Republic. In Hopman Cup Group B action at Perth, Petra Kvitova and Radek Stepanek combined to give the Czech Republic a 3-0 win over Spain. Kvitova only lost one game en route to a comprehensive singles win over Anabel Medina Garrigues before Stepanek beat Daniel Munoz-De La Nava 6-2, 6-2. The Czech pair won the mixed doubles 6-3, 6-4. Sean Rodriguez Jersey . Vonn "reopened" the idea of competing in the season-opening World Cup event on Oct. 26-27 in Soelden, Austria after returning to the slopes last month in Portillo, Chile. Kent Tekulve Jersey . His Chicago Blackhawks teammates werent shocked when he found it. Kanes career has been defined by his brilliance in the Blackhawks biggest moments, and his tiebreaking goal with 3:45 to play in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals will rank among the best. http://www.piratesrookiestore.com/Pirates-Barry-Bonds-Kids-Jersey/ . Dont miss a single shot, live on TSN beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Winners of their last eight games, the Heat return to Toronto for the second time in the month of November. After beginning the season 4-3, allowing 100.9 points on 47 per cent shooting, Miamis resurgent defence has vaulted them back to the top of a weak Eastern Conference. Francisco Cervelli Jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Bill Mazeroski Jersey . The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers.Last Tuesday, April 8th, marked the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron setting the all-time home run record, passing the Babe with 715 career home runs. Aaron would eventually close out his career with 755 home runs, taking his place on the throne as baseballs home run king.  When Aaron hit a 1-0 fastball that night, he not only powered his way into the annals of baseball history, but onto the pages of American history, as well. An African-American player held what was, at the time, the most prodigious record in all of North-American sports. Aarons incredible milestone was a large step in the fight for racial equality in baseball, and across America, but it was a step that may not have occurred if it were not for # 42, Jackie Robinson. Twenty-Seven years prior to Aarons record breaking home run, Jackie Robinson stepped onto Ebbets Field, becoming the first African-American to play in the Major Leagues since the 1880s. April 15th, 1947 was undoubtedly a day of celebration for many across North America, but it also marked the beginning of a long, arduous journey for Robinson. Robinson endured through 10 seasons of racial abuse, unjust criticism, as well as threats on his life, from spectators, other players and even teammates. While professional athletes are often expected to perform under the pressures of a fanbases high expectations, Robinson carried a much heavier weight than the average ballplayer, an entirre race of people depended upon him.dddddddddddd In his first few seasons, Robinson knew if retaliated against his aggressors, he would risk delaying the breaking of the colour barrier. Instead, Robinson responded with his play on the field, showcasing his five-tool talent on his way to becoming one of the greatest second baseman that ever lived. For the past 10 seasons, April 15th has been a day where Major League Baseball pays tribute to the legacy of Jackie Robinson. Today, every Major League player will pay homage to Robinson by dawning his iconic #42, unifying under one number. To celebrate the 10th-annual Jackie Robinson Day, BarDown presents to you, three songs written in tribute for three of the most iconic African-American baseball players in history: Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and, of course, Jackie Robinson."Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball?" - Buddy Johnson"There is not an American free in this country until everyone of us is free." - Jackie Robinson"Say Hey (The Willie Mays Song)" - The Treniers"To make it into the majors and to take all the name calling, he had to be something special. He had to take all this for years, not just for Jackie Robinson, but for the nation." - Willie Mays"715" - Peter Cooper"As Ive said many times, and Ill say it again, Jackie Robinson was a pillar of strength to me." - Hank Aaron Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Publicité

Posté le: Mer 17 Oct - 06:00:18 (2018)
Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sauter vers:   

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation Powered by phpBB v2 © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Style: subSilver++