< ABM univers 59 > Index du Forum
< ABM univers 59 >

FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S’enregistrerS’enregistrer
ProfilProfil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  ConnexionConnexion
singles by Dominguez and Springer,
Sujet précédent Sujet suivant
Auteur Message
miaowang123

Posté le: Sam 29 Sep - 11:48:23 (2018)
Sujet du message: singles by Dominguez and Springer,
Répondre en citant

TORONTO -- Marcus Stroman deserved better than this. The rookie right-hander took a one-hitter into the seventh inning on Saturday only to have the game fall apart for him and the Toronto Blue Jays on one swing. When the first pitch from reliever Dustin McGowan was sent into the left-field seats by right-fielder Dayan Viciedo, the Chicago White Sox were on the way to a 4-3 victory on Saturday. "Its tough to deal with," Stroman said. "Its part of baseball. I have 100 per cent faith in Dustin to come in and get that out every time. If he makes a pitch like he knows he can, were not even having this conversation." Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said he had his reasons for removing Stroman when he did. "If you could do things over, you leave him in," Gibbons said. "But my thinking was, he pitched his butt off, it was kind of uncharted territory, I dont want him to lose the game right there. Thats the way it goes. But you always look back on things like that. I had a plan and it just didnt work." The Blue Jays scored one run in the ninth inning as their late rally fell short for the second game in a row. White Sox left-hander Chris Sale (7-1) also pitched well, holding the Blue Jays to four hits and five walks while striking out six to pick up his first career win in three decisions against Toronto. "They wore him down a bit," said Chicago manager Robin Ventura. "They were fighting off some tough pitches." The only runs Sale allowed came on a two-run homer by right-fielder Darin Mastroianni in the fourth. Stroman was strong over 6 2/3 innings, allowing two hits, two walks and two runs while striking out six. He did not factor in the decision in his sixth career major-league start. "Stroman, he was great tonight," Sale said. "He threw better than I did. Obviously, you throw like that, you deserve to win a game." Stroman allowed a second-inning double to White Sox designated hitter Adam Dunn and then walked him to lead off the fifth and nothing more through six innings. But in the seventh inning, White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu doubled with two out to extend his career-best hitting streak to 13 games and Dunn walked for the second time in the game. McGowan (4-3) came in from the bullpen and his first-pitch slider was launched over the fence by Viciedo for his eighth homer of the season and a 3-2 Chicago lead. "Its tough because obviously I want to be out there," Stroman said. "I felt strong but Im also a young so that was Gibbys choice. Dustin has been great for us all year so its not like I was mad about coming out of the game. "I had 100 per cent confidence for Dustin to come in and get that out. Just one of those things and Im sure hell be right back to it." Gibbons discussed the weight of his decision after the loss. "This game eats at you, you review everything, you do more so at the moment of something," Gibbons said. "You get a little gun shy around this place, the way the ball has been flying out of here, especially after (Friday) night (when the teams combined for seven home runs)." The White Sox added a run in the eighth on a single by pinch hitter Alexei Ramirez against reliever Aaron Loup. The left-hander replaced McGowan after two-out singles by centre-fielder Adam Eaton and second baseman Gordon Beckham. Chicago loaded the bases in the ninth with none out against Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen but could not score. The White Sox (38-44) have won two in a row over the Blue Jays (45-38) to assure themselves of a split in the four-game series. Right-hander Zach Putnam who got the final out of the eighth stayed in the game for the ninth and allowed a leadoff double by pinch hitter Anthony Gose. Second baseman Munenori Kawasaki singled him home to cut the lead to one but Putnam held firm to earn his first save of the season. It was a disappointing result for Stroman who was coming off a strong win over the New York Yankees last Tuesday when he allowed three hits and one run in eight innings. It looked like his day when the Blue Jays took a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning. It came from an unexpected source. Mastroianni, just called up from triple-A Buffalo where he has been most of the season, snapped a 0-for-14 streak to open this season in the majors by taking a 3-2 change-up to left for a two-run homer. It was his fourth career homer in the majors with the first three coming with the Minnesota Twins in 2012. It came after Colby Rasmus took a two-out walk. "Its important for me," Mastroianni said. "I want to try to help keep this team is in first place. a (Sale) just has stuff going everywhere, arms flying everywhere, he throws that change-up and then all of a sudden here comes 95. "He threw me a lot of change-ups that at-bat. He probably made a bit of a mistake, left that ball up over the plate more than I know he would have liked to." NOTES: Announced attendance at Rogers Centre was 39,623. aBefore the game on Saturday the Blue Jays recalled outfielder Darin Mastroianni from triple-A Buffalo, where he was batting .289 with four homers in 69 games, and returned LHP Rob Rasmussen on option to the Bisons. Mastroianni started in right field. a Left-hander Mark Buehrle (10-4) will start the series finale on Sunday for the Blue Jays against his former team. The White Sox will start left-hander Jose Quintana (4-7, 3.69). aThe Blue Jays have Monday off before they complete the home stand with two afternoon games against the Milwaukee Brewers. Duke Dawson Jersey . Icardi is living with the ex-wife of former teammate Maxi Lopez, and the Sampdoria forward refused to shake Icardis hand before kickoff. Walter Samuel and Rodrigo Palacio also scored for Inter while Lopez had a penalty saved. Elandon Roberts Jersey . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Patriots-Donta-Hightower-Draft-Jersey/ . - The Florida Panthers are getting some Army training to finish off their preparations for the season. Marcus Cannon Jersey . -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. Jason McCourty Jersey .The long-haired pivot, who joined the Alouettes midway through the CFL season and put up a 9-3 record as a starter, will be listed as the top quarterback in training camp next spring.With a full training camp under his belt, the Alouettes will see if he has what it takes to get them back to the Grey Cup game after a four-year absence.HOUSTON -- Rougned Odor has had a rough start to his Major League career. Things quickly turned around for him on Monday night. The rookie second baseman collected his first home run and drove in his first two runs as Colby Lewis threw 5 2-3 shutout innings, and Adrian Beltre also homered to lead the Texas Rangers to a 4-0 win over the Houston Astros. Odor, who entered Monday just 2 for 12, had two hits, including a run-scoring single in the fourth and a homer in the sixth -- a solo shot into the upper deck in right field -- to make it 4-0. "He swung the bat well, especially that base hit he got up the middle," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "He (Brad Peacock) threw him a fastball away and he stayed on the pitch and didnt try to do much with it but hit it where it was. And then he went up there and took a chance that he was going to throw him a first-pitch fastball and got the head out." Washington said one thing about Odor was that he walked up to plate confident and not scared. Odour said through a translator that he felt good. "Im not scared because its the same as down in the minor leagues," Odor said. "I take it in that perspective." Lewis (3-2) struck out a season-high eight and allowed seven hits to improve to 4-0 in his career at Minute Maid Park. The right-hander bounced back from a poor outing against Colorado on Wednesday where he allowed seven runs in less than four innings. Lewis said he was able to flip the breaking ball for strikes, and when that pitch is sharp, you can use it to get a couple more outs. "Thats kind of what you want as a starting pitcher," Lewis said. "You want to have at least three of the four working for you and when you have four of the four pitches working for you it makes for an easier night. I was able to flip breaking balls in there when I needed to early. The slider was sharp. The change-up got me some quick outs a couple times and that was beneficial for sure." Beltre, who snapped a 0 for 11 slump, had two hits, including a two-run home run to left in the third. Prince Fielder also had two hits. "Its always nice to help your ballclub win games," Beltre said. "I know that I need to be doing thaat more often and hopefully thatll be the start of something better.dddddddddddd" Brad Peacock (0-4) struck out a career-high 11 but allowed four runs on seven hits in six innings. Peacocks previous career-high for strikeouts was 10 at Minnesota on Aug. 4, 2013. "From the get-go, I wanted to try to attack these guys and try to keep the ball down and mix in my other pitches," Peacock said. "I was able to do that for the most part. I felt good tonight." Jose Altuve had three hits, and Matt Dominguez and George Springer each had two hits for the Astros, who left 12 runners on base in losing for the eighth time in the last 10 games. "Look at the number of hits we had and baserunners, we had guys who were getting hits and getting on base," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "We just were not getting the big hit that would plate runs in those situations." Lewis exited after singles by Dominguez and Springer, combined with a Mitch Moreland error, put runners on second and third with two outs in the sixth, but Nick Martinez induced a Chris Carter groundout to end the threat. The Astros threatened again in the eighth, putting runners on the corners with one out after singles by Dominguez and Springer, but Neal Cotts struck out Carter and Jesus Guzman to end the inning. NOTES: Washington said he would not know until Wednesday whether lefty Martin Perez lands on the disabled list. "Right now, our thought is to wait until Wednesday and see what more information we have and then well make a decision," Washington said. "If its just for him to miss a start, then we have to do something else. If it gets to that point where he has to go on the DL, we dont have to make the decision until Wednesday." Perez experienced discomfort in his left elbow after failing to get out of the fourth Saturday night. ... Texas infielder Josh Wilson accepted the outright assignment to Triple-A Round Rock. Wilson was designated for assignment May 8. ... Houston will send left-hander Dallas Keuchel, who is 3-2 with a 3.68 ERA this season to the mound Tuesday against lefty Matt Harrison, who is 1-0, in the second game of the three-game. Cheap Hockey Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Hockey Stars Jerseys Cheap Hockey Wild Jerseys Cheap Hockey Predators Jerseys Cheap Hockey Blues Jerseys Cheap Hockey Jets Jerseys Cheap Hockey Ducks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Hockey Flames Jerseys Cheap Hockey Oilers Jerseys Cheap Hockey Kings Jerseys Cheap Hockey Sharks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Canucks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Golden Knights Jerseys Hockey Team Canada Jerseys ' ' '

Publicité

Posté le: Sam 29 Sep - 11:48:23 (2018)
Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sauter vers:   

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation Powered by phpBB v2 © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Style: subSilver++